Prevent Frown Lines
Stop Those Frown Lines Before They Start
Laugh lines aren't the only thing showing up on faces as people age; frown lines are just as prevalent and bothersome. These pesky wrinkles show up between the eyebrows and can cause you to look angry or bothered even when you're not. The two most basic causes of frown lines are facial expressions that utilize those muscles and sun exposure, which causes skin to lose its elasticity, exacerbating lines that are already there and causing more. To stop frown lines before they start, here are some helpful tips.
Natural Frown Line Prevention Tips
The least expensive prevention treatment for frown lines is natural. Here are some to keep in mind:
- First and foremost, prevent frown lines through sun protection. Avoid excessive sun exposure, and when you are out in the sun, use a high SPF sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Get plenty of sleep. When your body is appropriately rested, you produce more collagen and elastin, which helps skin to bounce back.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking adequate amounts of H20 keeps your skin moisturized and helps it to fight off lines.
- Stop frowning. This one may seem obvious, but people frequently don't realize just how often they make expressions that are major frown-line instigators. By being aware of what you're doing with your face, you'll stop cultivating the habit of frowning unaware.
Other Frown Line Prevention Tips
There are other ways you can stop frown lines in their tracks. Here are some of the best:
- Talk to your dermatologist about Botox. These chemical injections keep the muscles responsible for frown lines from making those motions. Keep in mind that the effects last only a few months.
- Use anti-wrinkle creams where the lines show up. These help stop lines by boosting the production of collagen and giving your skin more elasticity.
- Try Retin-A. This drug comes by prescription and works by stimulating collagen production.
- Use a hydroxy acid cleanser, which helps skin regeneration. It not only stops new frown lines from starting, it also helps with the old ones.
By using these tips for stopping frown lines before they start, you'll be on the way to a healthier, more vibrant look. It's a good idea to talk with your doctor or dermatologist before trying any new creams or lotions.